Header Ads

Header ADS

Edulji Member of CoA Declines Lifetime Achievement Award

Edulji Member of CoA Declines Lifetime Achievement Award
Diana Edulji
In an emotional unforeseen development, Supreme Court-delegated Committee of Administrators (CoA) part Diana Edulji, a previous India ladies' group skipper, has turned down BCCI's offer to respect her with the lifetime accomplishment grant for ladies. In an announcement, the previous India skipper noticed that it won't be proper for her to acknowledge the honor while she keeps on being an individual from the CoA

Her refusal came late in the night after the BCCI had effectively made the rundown of recipients open. Edulji was set to get the honor in front of her once-partners Shubhangi Kulkarni and Sudha Shah. Following Edulji's refusal, Sudha will be the new beneficiary of the honor for the 2017-18 season, it was chosen late on Saturday evening.

On the men's side, Pankaj Roy will be after death granted the CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award for 2016-17, while Anshuman Gaekwad will be granted for 2017-18.

Edulji was a piece of the board a year ago which picked Shantha Rangaswamy as the primary lady cricketer to get an exceptional lifetime grant.

"I have learned that the BCCI grants board of trustees (comprising of office bearers of the BCCI and Mr. N Ram) has given the honor to me. Neither I nor some other individual from the Hon'ble Supreme Court delegated Committee of Administrators (CoA) were a piece of this honors board.

"Be that as it may, since I am an individual from the Hon'ble Supreme Court named advisory group of chairmen of the BCCI, I don't think it is proper for me to acknowledge this respect at this point. I have talked about my choice with my family, companions, and well-wishers who wholeheartedly bolster my choice not to acknowledge the honor amid my residency as an individual from the CoA. Indeed, I had settled on my choice clear a year ago too when my name was recommended in this respect.

"By and by, I might want to thank the individuals from the BCCI grants advisory group for thinking of me as deserving of this lofty respect," she included.

Edulji, Kulkarni, and Shah were a piece of the playing XI that played the first-since forever Test coordinate for India ladies in 1976.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.